Tuesday 3 November 2009

Another Nazdrove flyer

Not much to say about this one. The person is actually me - I worked off a reference photo, thinking I'd have to change the face so it wasn't obvious. But I was a bit optimistic about my drawing skills, because it looks like nothing like me. Score! It's a 2 colour risograph print, done at Footprint the day before they got raided by the cops! Good timing. I drew the black layer, then drew the red layer on tracing paper with it all taped to a window to line it up. I drew one trumpet, taped it to the window and then rotated the paper so each one was identical. Unfortunately I started at twilight so it ended up being a bit of a race against time to get them pencilled in before dark...

A bit more detail from the original. The tshirt design is the Roma wheel, the arm tattoo is the matryoshka from here.

No comments: